I spent the weekend split between Cashel, where my friend Richard lives and works, and Cork, where the concert was. Despite all the travelling, around 6 hours via bus one-way, I had a wonderful time! In Cashel I enjoyed Richard's famous lasagna, went out to a local pub where a dozen women were sporting red dresses and Santa hats, and saw the famous Rock. In Cork, we met up with Abe and Susan, lodged in Jury's Inn, and lined up for the best seats in the house--at the Savoy, in the balcony with the best view, the couples on either side of me to form a semi-circle, and all our coats and purses (and my shoes) piled up in front of us. Standing room only! It was definitely worth it; Rodrigo and Gabriela are amazing!
Photo Album Part One:The Rock of Cashel



Richard and me at the entrance.

A view of the round tower from inside. Maria and Richard in the bottom right.

The dome of the cathedral.
A church at the foot of the Rock.

Some sunshine.

The cathedral and the round tower.

Full view! On the other side there is construction/preservation going on in the chapel. Apparently there are paintings in it. I'll have to go back to see them sometime.

My favourite photo.

St. Patrick's Cross.
__________________________________________
Photo Album Part Two:
WOW! I wish I could go places and see stuff! Looks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete