In work today, I helped Mary wrap her fifteen-year-old son's gifts for his girlfriend: a giant pink plush puppy, a heart-shaped box of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolates, and another tiny stuffed animal (possibly a bear) holding a stuffed heart upon which was embroidered "Love You Loads." Young love. Awww.....
Mary then was requested by a customer to fill out a card for her, so this customer could pretend to her daughter (the intended recipient of this card) that she has an admirer--and she needed somebody else to fill it out for her so that her daughter wouldn't recognise the handwriting. Somebody even googled Valentine's love poems on one of the dispensary computers, which Mary then wrote all over this girl's card, too. "Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm always unhappy, When I'm not with you." Awww.....
There are pink and red hearts all over the shop, which the pre-reg pharmacist and I put up along with signs discounting all of our perfumes and aftershaves. It was fun putting them up, even though we only sold one box of perfume. (And it was for someone's friend, not their loved one...) I shall enjoy it even more taking all the decorations down. Tomorrow. Awww....
We are very productive in our pharmacy. Obviously.
No comments:
Post a Comment